•   5 months ago

Can't publish lenses

Hi, I'm trying to publish my lens but after I enter all the project info (preview video, icon, etc) Lens Studio redirects me to a webpage with a blank screen and nothing else happens. I already followed this steps mentioned in the forum (https://support.lensstudio.snapchat.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033433732-Why-am-I-receiving-a-blank-white-screen-when-I-submit-my-Lens-or-check-My-Lenses-) but after that I still can't publish that lenses.

I am using Connected Lenses. Could this be influencing not being able to publish?

• 13 comments

•   •   5 months ago

Same problem here, I can not publish our lens! Please help how we can publish it. Can we still participate in the hackathon? If I understand correctly we need to wait to get an URL and we need to enter this data in the submission form here on devpost? Not even possible to enter without a working url

• Manager   •   5 months ago

Hello Maria and Chris! We've directed this question to the Snap team and we'll try to get back to you asap. I also wanted to let you know that there is a webinar on submitting your lens: https://snapchat.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_VR34yYdNRGG2kAoSDrgGug -- if you're able to join, I encourage you to do so!

•   •   5 months ago

Thanks Khimee! It seems to be a problem with Connected Lens. I tried to publish the Connected Lens template that comes with Lens Studio and I couldn't. Testing some projects without this component I was able to publish. So I don't know what to do.

• Manager   •   5 months ago

Hi Maria!

Can you please provide me with the following:

-Lens Studio Version
    -Default Browser & version
    -OS Make & Version

Please also try to head to https://my-lenses.snapchat.com/lenses on your default browser and sign in. Once you are signed in (from the URL), Lens Studio will automatically capture the authentication and you should be able to submit.

If you are unable to log in, please let me know! I'll also communicate your concern regarding being able to publish without the Connected Lens' template while you are troubleshooting the above.

•   •   5 months ago

- Lens Studio Version: 4.22.1
    - Default Browser: Google Chrome 103.0.5060.114
    - OS: Windows 11

We also tested on another Windows computer and a Mac with the same result. I tried sign in the page you mentioned, but after publishing the lens I'm being redirected again to the blank page. Lens Studio its connected to my account because if I click on "My Lenses" button, it redirects me to the link you mentioned.

•   •   5 months ago

Same problem here! We only can't push Connected Lens

•   •   5 months ago

We've not been able to publish - rejected for 'errors on some devices' but nothing showing in preview - is it likely this is also a connected lens issue?

•   •   5 months ago

Hey folks,

If you are having issues with Lens submission, feel free to reach out to lensstudio-support@snapchat.com with a description of your issue and we can take a look. Please be sure to include the Lens ID which can be found in My Lenses at the top of the page when you click on the Lens.

Cheers,
    Vincent

•   •   5 months ago

Hi, Vicent.

We can't include the Lens ID because the issue is appearing during the publishing process of the project, and the Lens ID is not generated before that step. Please note that this problem only happens when you try to use the Connected Lenses component and you could easily replicate the issue be using your own Connected Lenses Template (provided with lens studio).

•   •   5 months ago

Hey Maria,

Gotcha. Can you try publishing, then copy the URL from the blank page and send it to support? I can have an engineer take a look.

Cheers,
    Vincent

•   •   5 months ago

Hi Vincent, I'm working with María here is the generated URL:
    [Edited URL]

Lens Studio Version: 4.22.1
    Chrome Version: Version 103.0.5060.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Laptop Specs:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
    Arturo

•   •   5 months ago

Can you please send this to support (lensstudio-support@snapchat.com) so we can track your issue?

Cheers,
    Vincent

•   •   5 months ago

Sure! I just sent the email, please let us know if you need anything else :)

Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.