Who is eligible to enter the competition?
- Individuals (at least the age of majority where they reside)
- Teams of up to three eligible indivuals
- Organizations (see complete rules for details)
How old do I have to be to participate in the Lensathon?
The rules state "individuals who are at the least the age of majority where they reside at the time of entry".
The age of majority is the legal age in the country or province in which you reside. For most countries, it is 18 years old.
If you will be turning the age of majority during the hackathon, you cannot enter until you officially reach that day.
Where do I need to reside in order to participate?
Per the rules of the Lensathon, you must not be a legal resident of the following countries: Brazil, Quebec (province), Russia, Crimea, Belarus, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other countries designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. E.g. If you temporarily live in Quebec, but are a legal resident of Alberta, you are eligible to participate.
How many individuals can be on a team?
- Up to three individuals may be on one team
I need help with something; where can I get in touch?
What is the Wow Factor? - If your Lens includes the use of the following features and "wows" the judges, additional points may be considered in Stage 2 of judging:
- Physics System
- Cloth Simulation
- Experiences using Material or VFX Editors
- SnapML components
- VoiceML features
- Connected Lenses
- Custom Landmarkers or City-Scale Location
- Interactive 3d Body / Hand Tracking
- RemoteAPIs from API Library
- Sounds from the Asset Library
What assets do I need to submit on Devpost?
- Lens ID
- Lens name
- Preview of working Lens (8-10 seconds)
- Complete the required sections of the submission process
What is World AR?
- Lenses on the back-facing camera
How do I get started?
- Download Lens Studio
- Check out the Resources Page
- If you need more help, head to the Community Forum
What do I need to do to publish my Lens?
- Configure your project
- Ensure your Lens abides by the Submission Guidelines
- In the top left corner, select "Publish Lens" which will open the "My Lenses" window
- Authorize Lens Studio
- Submit Lens
- Add tag: JuneLensathon22
- Await your Live Lens!
- You can retrieve the URL to your Lens under "My Lenses"
- Here are some more details: https://docs.snap.com/lens-studio/references/guides/publishing/submitting/submitting-your-lens/
How long does it take to publish my Lens?
- It can take up to two days for your Lens to become published
How many submissions can I enter into the hackathon?
You may enter more than one project as long as it is "unique and substantially different from each of the Entrant’s other Submissions". You can only enter each project into one global category. Your project will automatically be entered into the Regional category based on your country of residence.